Nazia JabeenView all articles by Nazia Jabeen
How to Connect Two Computers?
This will let you share files and folders, printers, play network games, etc...
Steps: here as under..
1. Connect the two computers together either with a Crossover cable or a Hub/Switch to the ethernet card in your computer.
2. Set the IP address on both computers. Goto Start > Control Panel > Network Connections (choose switch to classic view if you cannot see network connections)
3. Look for your Local Area Connection ethernet adapter, right-click and choose properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol TCP/IP and choose properties.
5. Setup the IP as 192.168.1.1 and the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 on the first computer and 192.168.1.2 on the second with the same subnet mask.
6. Choose OK then OK/close again.
Tips: Some useful tips.
* To share your files, right click on any folder and choose Sharing to make them shared.
* You can also do this with your printers to be able to print from one computer while the printer is connected to the other.
Things You'll Need..
* A Crossover cable. This a Cat5 Ethernet Cable that the wires have been switched around to allow two computer only to talk to each other
* OR, you can purchase a switch/hub with two Standard "Straight-Through" Ethernet Cables
* Check to see if your computer has an Ethernet Adapter in the back of the computer.
Article: How to Connect Two Computers?
By:Nazia Jabeen. (New user of this website)
Independent thoughts: The webhosting services of different companies are valuable to launch newly established websites. The webdesign is a framework of giving an accurate shape to an electronic media. The web hosting companies are offering free of charge domain registration packages too. The basic techniques of ppc are applicable to enhance revenue of internet marketers.